Assistant Finance /Cashier
Unilever PLC is urgently looking for a Finance/Accountant assistant to join our elite team and multinational workforce. As Unilever Finance/Accountant Assistant, you will be supporting and assist the Finance Manager on daily corporate financial management and processes. In this role, you will drive valuable analytics and influence decision-making within the cross-functional team to achieve our business goals. You will report to the Senior Finance Manager As required, and can also be delegated to assist Unilever business unit (i.e. Customer Development, Marketing, Supply Chain) to add value to our business. At Unilever, we act fast to anticipate consumer needs, fast to translate ideas into new products, and fast to make, distribute and market them. We build products that people enjoy, trust and use in their daily lives. Which is why, as part of Unilever, you could make an impact on a global and local scale. A job at Unilever is a career made by you, with development opportunities, benefits and a working culture that supports diversity. You can craft your own career path as you work with the brands and people that drive our sustainable business growth. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We aim to provide people over the world with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Interested applicants should urgently submit their recent CV/Resume and a cover letter as instructed accordingly. Only successful applicants who meet Unilever’s corporate requirements will be contacted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timely and accurate reporting of financial data for all legal entities under Unilever.
• OTIFNE (on time, in full, no errors) reporting of financial results, budget and analyses.
• Monitor all Bill to Cash daily operations and close follow up with sales, finance and supply chain teams.
• Controlling compliance of SAP journal entries according to Unilever Accounting Policy Manual.
• Ensure compliance of accounting entries in SAP with the Unilever Accounting Policy Manual (APM) and Standard Chart of Accounts (SCOA).
• Prepare all necessary accounting entries for the financial reporting, monitor them and prepare the journal vouchers.
• Prepare and control the monthly financial reports, manual forms and commentaries for the group.
• Give support to internal/external audit and monitor payment operations
• Perform below monthly or weekly performance reports and follow up the actions of the deviations (BFS Budget Actual, PTP KPIs tracker, By – Pass Invoices, Health Card, Balance Sheet Chart by type Monitor and Controlling, Advance Payment Report, Monitoring Common Accrual Accounts, Vendor Aging Review, Business Excellence Report, Controllers Dashboard, Overdue Invoices, Concur Monthly Spend Report, Ad hoc Reports)
• Monitor and analyze monthly actual costs against budget and forecast.
• Publishing aging, overhead reports and cost reports to Finance manager, Controller and Director.
• Updating departments’ procedures and guidelines.
• Preparing team meetings and training plans for accounting team.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
• Diploma/University degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Economics or related areas.
• 2-3 years financial experience (e.g. accounting, financial analysis, information systems, audit).
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially in Excel.
• Business Process design and management
• IT & System Operation knowledge.
• Fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in IFRS and basic understanding of local GAAP.
• Experience using SAP and/or financial planning systems would be an asset.
• Very strong analytical ability and excellent time management skills
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles and technical proficiency.
• Results-oriented through proven initiative and drive.
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview