Expired: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Position Title: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Duty Station: MONROVIA (with occasional field travels)
Category: Full-time Employment
Program: Mental Health Program
Reports to: Project Lead
Procurement Duties and Responsibilities:
The main objective of the post is to carry out and support procurement of goods, works, consulting and non-consulting services, using The Carter Center (TCC) and donor guidelines for procurement of goods, works and non-consulting services, and guidelines for selection and employment of consultants.
• The Procurement Officer will ensure that procurement procedures and transactions are in compliance with TCC and donor requirements.
• S/he will be responsible for maintaining and further developing The Mental Health Program’s procurement systems and maintaining records of procurement for the entire program.
• The Procurement Officer will ensure items are purchased from eligible suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions.
• An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the institution through time and cost agreements.
• S/he shall lead the procurement planning in collaboration with other team members.
• Guide user departments on the selection of specific procurement activities in the approved procurement plan and how to initiate procurement requisitions for goods, Bill of Quantities (BoQ) for works, Statement of Services for non-consulting services and Terms of Reference for Consulting Services.
• Prepare and issue Bidding Documents for goods, works, consulting and non-consulting services and Request for Proposals for consulting services in line with TCC and relevant donor guidelines for procurement of goods, works and non-consulting services, and guidelines for selection and employment of consultants with participation of technical staff.
• Participate in receiving bids and proposals and prepare minutes of bid and or proposal opening process.
• Participate in the evaluation of bids and or proposal and provide guidance to the Evaluation Committee during the evaluation process.
• Prepare bid/proposal evaluation report and award recommendation using World Bank or Carter Center Mental Health Program procedures and standard sample evaluation forms.
• Prepare and issue contracts including Purchase Orders for approved procurement.
• Establish procurement tracking system and monitor project procurement activities (i.e confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs and under order acknowledgement, prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports for goods and services) to Supervisor.
• Provide updates, at least quarterly and as needed, on approved procurement plan to the Atlanta team who will seek approval of any revisions to the plan with each quarterly report submissions.
• Review, update, and maintain purchase orders until they are closed.
• Ensure orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; report nonconformance.
• Support finance and logistics staff in resolving receipt and invoice discrepancies.
• Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies. Contribute to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
• Coordinate purchases with the Program Office in Atlanta and make decisions based on cost-effectiveness, quality and the source for procurement between Monrovia and the US.
• Clears goods that arrive at various ports of entry and works with The Liberia Revenue authority on goods clearances.
• Works closely with the Deputy Program Lead, the IT Manager, the Finance Officer and Administrative Assistant, the Training Officer, and the Program Office in Atlanta.
Logistics Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement appropriate logistics systems including material management and in-country transport capacity.
• Ensure excellent service provider performance including use of key performance indicators.
• Participate in program planning, and advise on logistics considerations for program implementation
• Ensure appropriate processes and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of the logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, transport requests, receipt and dispatch of goods).
• Ensure appropriate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of logistics operations.
• Establish and maintains logistics plans and delivery plans further to supply availability plans.
• Raise logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for appropriate actions.
• Ensure regular and timely transmission of pipeline, logistics monitoring information, stock levels (including regular supply fuel) and distribution status to program.
• Obtain wish-lists from Training Officer for all clinical sites and ensure that items are approved and delivered in a timely manner.
• Supervise all drivers.
• Conduct monthly inventory and report to the supervisor.
• Oversee servicing, maintenance and repair of MHP vehicles, equipment and other property.
• Ensure the on-time payment of vendors.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of project/program management
• Knowledge and skills in negotiation, procurement and inventory management, bids and contracts.
• Experience with project start-up and closing from procurement and asset management and disposal perspectives.
• Supervision and reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve efficiently all contractual and procurement matters, and adequate experience in handling consultant contracts and related issues.
At minimum, the selected Procurement officer should have:
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in procurement
• University degree in a relevant field (accounting, business management, engineering, etc.) required. Training in Procurement Management such as Chartered Institute of purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team including diverse cultures, expertise and experiences.
• Attention to detail and strong ability to liaise with stakeholders and develop/maintain systems.
• Proficiency in Excel and Word Processing.
• Knowledge and skills in automated inventory management system.
• Licensed and experienced driver. Experience in long-distance driving using 4-wheel drive a must.
• Computer skills required with proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume with three references and other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is September 7, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.