Unilever is urgently looking for a Warehouse officer/assistant to join our group. This offer is responsible for end to end factory logistics operations as well as inbounds receiving of raw and packaging materials, production staging and returns, managing the palletization of FG, shipping of FG, manage inventory accuracy with cycle counts and use of warehouse management system to move and track inventory and other responsibilities. In addition, accountable to deliver and execute logistics safety, quality, cost savings, business waste reduction, continuous improvement projects and sustainability improvements at the site. If you’re looking for a great team and a challenging, innovative, fun and energetic work environment, you are at the right place. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We aim to provide people over the world with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Interested applicants should urgently submit their recent CV/Resume and a cover letter as instructed accordingly. Only successful applicants who meet Unilever’s corporate requirements will be contacted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inbound receiving of materials and finished goods.
• Scan, tag and inventory inbound receipts into the ambient, refrigerated and frozen warehouses.
• Staging materials required to support production operations and manage the return of materials at the end of the production run.
• Inventory control and reconciliation responsibilities with cycle counting, scanning and accurate movement of inventory within the factory site.
• Manual and auto palletization of finished good products with state of the art palletization, wrapping and labelling equipment.
• Outbound shipping of materials and finished goods.
• Develop and document SOP’s and training for information systems, programs and best practices.
• Provide assistance and support to assure successful integration of system and procedural changes and initiatives at the local facility.
• Support departmental Safety and Housekeeping practices; maintain a constant awareness for hazardous conditions and recommend or implement corrective action.
• Adheres to and enforces all company policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety requirements.
• Supports and participates in safety activities to achieve departmental and plant wide goals and objectives.
• Actively supports the Plant’s WCM initiative by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM activities.
• Become trained and proficient in all Logistics functions.
• Ability to operate various materials handling equipment (fork truck, pallet jack) after certification training, with periodic recertification where appropriate.
• Ensure proper housekeeping, 5S organization and GMP adherence.
• Able to run and document the SAP cycle count program.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
• Minimum Degree, Diploma, High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Warehouse Experience
• 2 years’ experience working with SAP or similar inventory system
• General manufacturing/ shipping & receiving experience with 2-3 years’ experience in Word and Excel programs.
• Ability to perform data entry and basic mathematic calculations.
• Serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
• Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, complete product line run outs, and complete all documentation/ measurements required in assigned area.
• Highly motivated, implicitly trusted and respectful of others.
• Takes initiative to learn new skills, identify opportunities, and problem solve.
• Flexible work schedule. Work shift as assigned and overtime as required.
• Adhere to plant GMP guidelines.
• Plan, carry out and review Focused Improvement activities to eliminate losses and prevent recurrence. All associates will give oral presentations.
• Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, inventory auditing and complete all transactions in assigned areas.
• Ability to perform job unsupervised by making own decisions and taking responsibility.
• Work with the team in the problem-solving process to collect appropriate data, analyze information and reach consensus or recommended solutions.
• Ability to follow systematic instructions (e.g., Process chart, SOP, Inventory process, safety procedures, etc.).
• Receive and understand written and verbal instructions by following through and reacting to information communicated to you by others.
• Communicate clearly to production team, support staff and supervision both written and verbally.
• Plan and Carry out Autonomous Activities in the Warehouse areas.
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview.