William V.S. Tubman University
William V. S. Tubman University, commonly known as Tubman University, is a public university located in Harper, Maryland County, Liberia. The university is named after William Tubman, the 19th President of Liberia.
Founded in 1978 as the William V. S. Tubman College of Technology, the school originally offered associate’s degrees in architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and mechanical engineering. Tubman was also one of the main schools in Liberia to produce secondary school teachers.
The university is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the President of Liberia. The university is organized into six colleges:
- College of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Technology
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Management and Administration
- College of Arts and Sciences